Associate Director, Program and Alliance Management
Revitope Oncology is an early stage biotechnology company located in the heart of Cambridge, Massachusetts, with the vision to drive the development of next-generation immunotherapies to treat solid and liquid tumors. Immunotherapies are redefining how cancer is treated and are beginning to show unprecedented deep and durable responses in multiple tumor types. In particular, redirecting T cells to tumors is a successful strategy for immunotherapy but to date severe toxicities arising from targeting of healthy tissues is limiting their full potential.
Revitope is developing a new class of T-cell engaging immunotherapies designed to focus immunological activation specifically to the cancer cell surface while avoiding unwanted toxicity in healthy tissues. Our approach also expands antigenic targeting space through exploiting two antigens co-expressed on tumor cells. Revitope’s proprietary technology platform and enabling skill base lends itself to partnering opportunities as well as to driving internal programs towards the clinic. Revitope has already signed a significant collaboration and is actively engaged in discussions with others.
We are therefore looking for an experienced, energetic, and hands-on program and alliance management professional who will oversee and manage external collaborations with partners as well as internal programs. In this role, the incumbent will support strategic discussions and decision-making processes with the senior team at Revitope and work collaboratively and cross- functionally with internal and external project teams to maintain alignment and ensure the success of the overall partnership.
- Lead/develop program and alliance management practices (processes, standards, and tools) for collaborations between Revitope and partners.
- Manage a portfolio of alliances and internal programs, working closely with cross-functional partners and internal colleagues to manage responsibilities, mitigate risks, and ensure alliance objectives are achieved on time, on budget and to the desired standard.
- Facilitate joint meetings to drive proactive cross-functional and cross partner communication, timely and effective decision-making, and successful execution of program and alliance objectives.
- Work with internal functional team members to educate colleagues on key aspects of each partnership and develop a 'partner and program mindset'.
- Educate and guide project teams and leadership with respect to opportunities, bottlenecks and risks.
- Monitor and track compliance with financial and non-financial obligations, such as milestones and royalties, publications, IP, and diligence efforts.
- Proactively obtain collaborator and program team feedback on effectiveness of collaboration and team; and identify, facilitate, and lead changes to maintain and improve relationship where necessary.
- Proactively address issues and mitigate risks arising from contractual complications or partner differences. Resolve issues regarding communication, conflict, or role clarification, including leading impasse resolution between companies when necessary.
- Support company’s overall business development efforts, including analyzing, evaluating and providing input into the execution of future partnership opportunities and other ad-hoc analyses.
- Apply Project Management best practices, from development of agenda, to distribution of meeting summaries, to follow up of all relevant action items; understands project/partnership details to manage day-to-day collaborations, reports on program progress/change, and escalates issues/delays, as appropriate, to management.
- Proactively seek opportunities to extend business relationships by expanding existing partnerships or creating additional collaborations.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline; Advanced degree (MBA, MS, PhD or equivalent)
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the biotech / pharmaceutical / life sciences industry and 5 years of relevant work experience in Program and Alliance Management, Partnering, or Business Development function, involving direct interactions with external partners
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Track record of having managed successful programs and/or alliances, as well as a desire and ability to perform both at a strategic leadership level as well as in a hands-on capacity
- Significant knowledge of relevant science and drug development process, particularly in research through early development stages
- Experience with legal agreements, contracts, and alliance governance
- Collaborative mindset and demonstrated ability to build consensus
- Self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Ability to respectfully drive partners or program teams that are less responsive or fast-paced
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively and cross- functionally at all levels to align interests of multiple parties
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Superior attention to detail and ability to effectively manage multiple projects/priorities and coordinate demands from multiple partners
- Experience in building/managing a small team
What We Offer
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of exceptional scientists and industry veterans at a fast-paced, rapidly growing biotech startup with a bold vision. As an early employee, you will have a direct influence on the science, opportunities to gain new skills and be joining an ambitious, innovative, and collaborative team. Interested candidates may send a CV/resume to email@example.com
Revitope is deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. We hope to continue to build a company whose culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with individuals from all walks of life.Apply Now